Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Blogging is something I want to get the hang of and regularly posting hasn't been a priority but that has got to change!

So here goes!

I have been busy playing with my Cameo this month and lovin' it. In fact, I took the self-paced classes on Kerri Bradford's website. Some stuff I already knew from just playing around, but there is still lots of cutting elements to use that come with the classes. I highly recommend anyone with a Cameo, taking those classes:  Kerri Bradford's Silhouette Classes -- Getting to Know You! + Oh the Places You'll Go. 


This was such fun to make (please excuse the poor photos...I'll get better ones in the future :P) 
I did cut everything and glued down each tiny letter. But used the ol' noodle to figure out how to keep everything lined up. I laid down the negative cut and took my glue pen, drew in the spaces, and from there I put the letters etc in the space like a puzzle. I lifted the negative cut to make sure it wasn't getting glued down with the letters. I was so proud of myself and that it turned out so well. No to find a frame to display it.


Next project was this eye chart...I absolutely L.O.V.E. yellow and this little song is so happy too. I'm going to hang it in our dining room where I will see it everyday and throughout the day. 


Last week was the start of the birthdays...first up was our oldest son's 31st birthday. I didn't have a snowboarder image in my files but figured out how to use Google to find one . And the rest is history. I was pleased with how well it turned out. He liked everything about his card. Even the lettering pleased his car interest side of his brain. :)


Still using my Cameo, I typed this verse from Card Maker presents "The Perfect Sentiments". And then sent it to the printer to print. I love this whole system! It makes it turn out so well.


Then was Sammy, our youngest grandsons 2nd birthday, 2 days after his Daddy's. I have the froggy image and made the lilypad from another image with tweaking. It's actually the eye from a chicken image I have, with a little stretching to make it look right. The DP used is MME indie Chic "citron" 6x6 paper pad. The black, white and green cardstock I had in my stash.



He is so cute with the wiggly eyes!


Then I did another print and cut to make the inside sentiment and inked the edges with Tim Hotz Distress ink. 



Then today is our darling daughter's 26th birthday! I made this card with dimension in mind as I wanted to hand deliver it. I wouldn't likely put so many layers and dimensional adhesives when I snail mail my cards. But I have on occasion. 

I used some skills I learned from the Cameo class to produce this card. Kerri builds her card (or page) right there on the screen and then saves it as is. Then she takes it apart an element at a time and saves each on the color or patterned paper. Then I can cut all the same color elements together rather than cutting one at a time. Take the class and you will understand what I'm talkin' about. 

white cardstock, Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink, aqua rhinestones (from stash), and teal brad from echo park.

So this is it of my busy, crafty week. Hopefully I will be back soon.

Thanks for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...